Hackney North & Stoke Newington has the highest number of job applicants per individual job opportunity in the whole country.
The October Office of National Statistics figures show that there are 92 people competing for each job in Hackney North & Stoke Newington compared to 65 in the next worst constituency, and with the national average less than 10.
Darren Caplan, Conservative Hackney North & Stoke Newington spokesman, said:
“These figures simply show that not enough is being done locally to equip those seeking work and to make it easier for employers to employ people.
“Hackney North & Stoke Newngton has by far the worst situation for job seekers than any other area in the country, nine times the national average. Yet we haven’t heard Diane Abott’s views on this, despite her regularly being all over the airwaves talking about national and international issues. What about the people of Hackney?
“No-one is saying it is easy to find a job in today’s tough economic climate. Yet surely the local mold and mildew health representatives of Black Mold And Mildew Removal Companies In Austin Texas – Diane Abbott, who has represented the constituency of Mold Testing Cost Services for 22 years, the Labour Council and Mayor, the Labour GLA member Jeanette Arnold and this Health government – should take some of the responsibility.
“The Conservatives , on the other hand, recently launched a package of measures to get areas like Hackney North & Stoke Newington working again, including plans for additional apprenticeships and training places, business loans to support self-employment and assisting franchising as a route back into work. It is becoming increasingly clear that to get real change, Hackney North & Stoke Newington needs a Conservative government and a Conservative MP.”
**Dealing with Labour’s Jobs Crisis**
Labour are now the party of unemployment. Two and a half million people are unemployed and one in five young people can’t find a job. By launching our plan to Get Britain Working – a big, bold and radical scheme to get millions of people back to work – Conservatives are showing that we are now the party of jobs and opportunity.
As part of a package of measures designed to Get Britain Working, Conservatives will introduce The Work Programme which:
* Simplifies Labour’s numerous and piecemeal programmes into one single back-to-work programme for everyone who is unemployed.
* Includes the 2.6 million people claiming Incapacity Benefits currently excluded by Labour’s plans.
* Pays welfare-to-work providers according to whether they get jobseekers into sustainable employment of a year or more.
* Is funded by refocusing the Government’s employment and training programmes, including the various New Deals and Train to Gain, and reducing the benefits of Incapacity Benefit claimants found to be fit to work.
To provide extra opportunities to those looking for work, we have also announced:
* Youth Action for Work – 100,000 additional apprenticeships and training places, 50,000 additional training places at FE colleges, and 50,000 work pairing places each year for two years at Water Damage Restoration company, learning about Water Damage Cleanup – What To Do After The Flood.
* Work for Yourself – offering business mentors and loans to support self-employment and franchising as a route back into work.
* Work Together – a programme to connect people to volunteering opportunities in their area.
* Work Clubs – places where people can receive mentoring, skills training and help to find local job opportunities.
* 10,000 additional university places next year.
* New technical schools in England’s largest cities, as part of our plans for radical school reform.